The big ways we hope to eliminate any spread of germs include:
1. Strict enforcement of the stay home when you’re sick (even a little bit sick) rule. Children are allowed to join their class online, as they will all be run simultaneously.
2. Instructors have taped 6X6ft squares with 2.5 ft walk ways between rows, one per child.
3. We’ve invested in antimicrobial hand soap and hand sanitizer, lysol disinfectant wipes, and will be wiping all the things. The washrooms on the main floor will be cleaned frequently according to the hall’s maintenance schedule. We STRONGLY encourage dancers to use the washrooms before you come to class and not in the building.
4. Wear clean cloth masks or fresh disposable masks for class (not the ones worn to school that day).
5. Wear an extra layer to dance, the windows will be propped open to increase fresh air ventilation. We have access to space heaters in inclement weather, this seems crucial. So add a dance wrap or hoodie to your outfit.
5. New drop off and pick up protocol: Our instructors will gather the children from the main doors at the beginning of class. Please have their shoes on and ready to go 5 minutes before your start time. The instructors will walk the children upstairs in an orderly fashion and hand sanitize/wash before entering the room. Parents we kindly ask you to remain in your vehicle, or outside. Following the lessons, the instructors will escort the children downstairs to say goodbye, and hand sanitize them on the way out.
6. All of our board meetings are on Zoom. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join. First Monday of the month from 7-8PM.
Thank you for your utmost patience and persistence as we navigate through these unchartered terrain. We will get through this together. We are all striving toward the same goal: a healthy, near normal, fun year of increasing our Ukrainian dance skills and learning about our Ukrainian culture with our favourite dance instructors in the whole wide world.